Terracotta wall cladding & ventilated facades
Within the sector of contemporary construction, the curtain wall can be considered as an innovative technological construction system, formed by an insulating layer applied directly to the supporting structure of the facade and by a cladding layer fixed to the building by means of a suitable fastening system. An air space is thus created between the insulator and the cladding, which activates effective natural ventilation through the “stack effect” (upward draft of warm air), with remarkable benefits for the entire system.
New techniques have made it possible to create a facade system with indisputable advantages:
- (improved) waterproofing and protection of the wall structure against weather influences
- reduced risk of cracking and loosening (because the cladding is applied directly to the wall structure
- easy application and maintenance
- more comfort in both summer and winter
- remarkable energy savings